Construction Projects - Out to Bid
For a current list of Public Works projects on Ebidboard, please click here
PROJECT: 22C1-001 Main Jail Generator Upgrade
GSD Project Managers: Brian.Backer@santacruzcounty.us; Brian.Guzman@santacruzcounty.us and William.Kersten@santacruzcounty.us
Project Admin Support: Jacqlyn.Church@santacruzcounty.us
Sealed Bids Due: September 27, 2021 2:30 PM; Bids opened at 3:00 PM
County of Santa Cruz - General Services Department
701 Ocean Street, Room 330, Santa Cruz CA 95060
Required Walkthrough (Pre-Bid Conference): September 14, 2021 10:00 AM
County of Santa Cruz - Sheriff Main Jail Facility (meet at Visitor Entrance)
259 Water Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Notice to Contractors (Logisitics below....) Jail Visiting Rules
- Board Letter 08/24/21 Agenda Item 33
- Volume I - General and Supplemental Conditions
- Volume II - Plans & Specs Cover Page
- Volume III - Bid Packet (only available to paid Plan Holders)
- Addenda: None
- Plan Holders: None As of 08/27/21 3:10 PM
- Sheriff Correction Facility Access Form (Please show about 30 mins early to certify by Jail Staff)
- Purpose for visit: 22C1-001 GSD Project Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference
- Jail Contact: Brian Backer, GSD Project Manager (831) 889-8284
- September 14th, 10a walk-thru
- Jail Clearance – if contractors will be entering the secure area of the facility they will need to be cleared; visitor badges will be issued on arrival (and will need to be returned) on the walk-thru day.
- COVID-19 screening – If contractors will be entering the facility they will need to be screened
- Best parking - Visitor lot in front of the jail
- Entry restrictions – Recommend vendor leave belongings in the vehicles, they will be required to leave keys, IDs, and phones at reception (if entering the facility)
Plans $119.35; Mail Fee $10 | NSF $40 Purchase at: General Services or pay online
Project documents will be available for pick-up or mail only. Government Center 701 Ocean Street, Room 330 GSD, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (831) 454-2210
- To learn more about the plans & specs for a specific project or to request copies of a Plan Holders List, call: GSD Info Desk (831) 454-2210
- To view the General and Supplemental Conditions (Volume I) as well as any Plans or Specifications (Volume II) for a specific project, please click on the appropriate links above. Volume III bid documents are accessible to paying plan-holders ONLY.
- Builder's Exchanges will NOT have the Volume III bid documents and are prohibited from posting it to their websites or having a hard copy on file.
- To bid on projects, you must:
- Attend any walk-throughs associated with the project
- AND purchase Plans & Specs
a) online here
b) call GSD Info Desk: (831) 454-2210
c) visit GSD Info Desk located at: County of Santa Cruz - Government Center
701 Ocean Street, Room 330 GSD, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Plans & Specs
3-5 Business Days
0 < $99,999.99
- NOTE: WE ACCEPT CASH, CHECK, or (FEE APPLIES) MAJOR CREDIT CARDS . (FREE) E-CHECK OPTION OR TELLER PAYMENT AVAILABLE, TOO!
- Cash must be exact amount, as we do not provide change; Checks/Credit Cards are preferred.
- To have plans & specs mailed (see above chart for pricing, including mailing fee):
- By check (including mailing fee): send a check/money order and be sure to provide us with your mailing address, along with a valid phone and/or email on a coversheet. GSD_InfoDesk Fax: (831) 454-2710
- By receptionist/online (including mailing fee): you can pay online (additional card processing fee applies) or call-into the GSD_InfoDesk to pay and/or to provide us with your mailing address, along with a valid phone and/or email.
- You may include a Fed-Ex account number for expediated shipping, but the mailing fee prices will still apply in addition to any from FedEx.
- For bid results, please visit our Construction Projects-Bid Results page.
Plans and specifications for a project can also be viewed at most local builders exchanges. To contact a builders exchange please call, visit in person or visit the web sites below.
Builder's Exchange List Current as of 04/22/20
QUESTIONS ABOUT GENERAL SERVICES PROJECTS:
Please contact General Services Project Operations: Thomas.Fakner@santacruzcounty.us or (831) 454-4606